In the words of a certain yellow cartoon fish, “BUBBLES BUBBLES BUBBLES!!!” Ahem. Sorry. We were having a moment. But, can you blame us? How can you not be excited about bubbles? We love bubbles so much that we decided to throw a Bubble Themed Party. Have your own bubble themed party with the DIY ideas below.
This one is pretty straight forward as you could just buy a bubble machine and be done with it. But, we took it one step further (as we sometimes do) and added even more. Blowing bubbles is just one part. Get white and clear round balloons to make designs like this all over your walls. Or attach the balloons to a string and hang them from the ceiling for an ethereal look like this. Get creative!
Another fun way to add some bubble inspired décor to your party is by making your own tissue paper balls to hang from the ceiling. All you will need to make these are tissue paper (in whatever color you choose!), cloth-covered floral wire, and scissors! You can make them in a variety of sizes and use them to hang from the ceiling, tape to walls, or use as a centerpiece for your table.
Finally, if you want a fun activity that can also act as a way to decorate your home with beautiful prints, try Bubble Wrap Painting. All you need is a few sheets of bubble wrap, paper or canvas and some acrylic paint. Paint the bubble wrap with a color of your choice and then apply it to your paper. This makes a cool and fun effect that is easy to get creative with. Make trees in the color of autumn, or just go nuts and make a rainbow bubble effect. You can also do a similar painting technique using actual bubbles as your painting tool.
The best way to go with this is to find food items that are bubble-shaped such as donut holes. You can also get big glass jars and fill them with a plethora of round shaped candies, like gum balls and jawbreakers.
If you are willing to do some baking, then try out this recipe for Cake Pops which can be a hit no matter what the theme of the party is. Want to take a less sugary route? Try this recipe for Buttery Bubble Bread:
· 1 egg
· 1 package active dry yeast
· 4 cups all purpose flour
· ¼ tsp salt
· ½ cup shortening
· ½ cup sugar
· 6 tbsp butter
· 1 cup warm water
1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar, shortening, egg, salt, and 1 cup of flour. Beat until smooth and then stir in enough flour to form a soft dough.
2. Knead dough until smooth and elastic. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
3. Push dough down and turn onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into 1-2 inch balls. Dip the balls in butter and arrange evenly in a greased 9-inch fluted tube pan. Drizzle with remaining butter. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 4 minutes and serve warm.
At this point, you probably think we forgot all about the main ingredient – what do you drink at a bubble themed party? Well, don’t worry. We have you covered with this Party Punch Recipe:
· 1 Bottle Champagne
· 1 Bottle Sparkling White Wine
· 2 Cans Bubbles Bogota Blackberry Lime
· 1 Can Bubbles Sulawesi Limon
· Lemon Wheels
· Lime Wheels
· Honey Dew Melon Balls
Combine champagne, sparkling white wine, Bogota Blackberry Lime, and Sulawesi Limon in large punch bowl with ice. Add lemon and lime wheels and honey dew melon balls. Stir gently and serve.