Spring has sprung and that can only mean one thing. It’s time to put on the biggest hat you can find and get ready for your derby day party. Check out these great ways to deck out your home for the race and serve up these refreshing Citrus Derby Mules.
Citrus Derby Mule
- 4 oz. Bai Costa Rica Clementine
- 2 oz. Bourbon
- ½ oz. Lime juice
- Ginger beer
- Orange and lime wedge
1. Add ice to a mule mug.
2. Pour bourbon, lime juice and Bai Costa Rica Clementine over ice.
3. Top with ginger beer.
4. Stir and garnish with an orange and lime wedge.
DIY Flower Wall
1. Trim your roses and greens to roughly the same length.
2. Measure fishing line so it’s slightly longer than the length you’ll need for your backdrop.
3. Tie the first string of fishing line to the top of the structure.
4. Thread your needle at the bottom of the line.
5. Push the needle through the stem of the first rose, right at the base of the rosebud, and out through the base of the stem.
6. Slide the rose all the way to the top of the fishing line, where you’d like your flower wall to start.
7. Tie a knot at the base of the stem to secure.
8. Repeat this, alternating between roses and greens, stringing flowers at randomly spaced intervals on your line.
9. Once you complete one strand, repeat as needed based on the size of the space you’re decorating.
10. Secure each line to the floor with tape to prevent the lines from spinning.
Your guests will be charging out of the gate to make a plate from this amazing grazing table. Just don’t be surprised if everything’s gone so fast you need a photo finish to see who took the last piece of cheese.
1. Spruce up your average cheese board by adding fruit, charcuterie and different styles/sizes of serving dishes to fill the grazing table.