When we decided to be a part of the Panorama Music Festival, we couldn’t wait to see who would be there. Lucky for us, Lauren Valenti of Marie Claire stopped by our VIP Lounge and chatted with us about her experience. Read on to see what Lauren had to say about the bands, the fashion and how she kept a fresh face despite the 90+ degree heat.
“From the minute I first set eyes on the Panorama Music Festival lineup, I knew I couldn’t miss it. The headliners not only rivaled that of Coachella, but the fact that a festival of this scale could exist minutes away from NYC proper blows my mind. It was only a ten minute cab ride away–us New Yorkers are spoiled. On the opening day of the festival, I threw on my go-to festival look, jetted out of work, and headed straight to the Bai VIP lounge to get hydrated—we were in the midst of a heat wave—before quite literally dancing the night away.”
What were some of the biggest trends you saw at Panorama? Did you see anything different from other festivals you have been to in the past?
- “As far as festival style goes, I was happy to see less fast fashion boho cop outs—it was all about individuality. Though because it was so hot, I think women wanted to wear what was comfortable and let their beauty do the talking. I saw a lot of statement lips, intricate braids, and rainbow-hued eye makeup.”
Aside from watching the bands perform, what were some of your favorite experiences at the festival?
- “The virtual reality and art installations were so impressive. I’ve never seen digital initiatives of that caliber at a festival before.”
What band were you most excited to see? Did any surprise you?
- “Acts-wise, seeing Major Lazer perform, having a religious experience with FKA Twigs, and paying tribute to David Bowie with Arcade Fire were my highlights. I was definitely most excited to see FKA Twigs. From her choreography to her heaven-sent vocals, it was practically an off-broadway production. I was in awe.”
How do you recommend dressing for the heat? Do you have any tips for looking your best throughout the day in the heat?
- “When it comes to festival dressing in this heat, I want to express myself as much as possible while still feeling free. I opted for a knit top, bell bottom denim capris, and espadrille sandals. I topped off the look with the ultimate festival essential: sunglasses. Mine were retro-inspired cat eye frames.”
What kinds of beauty products would you recommend wearing?
- “Beauty-wise, I stuck to my normal face routine—foundation, blush, highlighter, lip glow balm, and waterproof mascara—over SPF 50, then set it with a ton of loose powder. The fact that my face stayed in tact through the sauna-like conditions is impressive, I must say. Hair-wise, I just threw mine up into a messy top knot with a bun cuff.”