Pop’s Power Smoothie
Whether you’re looking for something filling to start off your day of activities, something refreshing to sip on while you kick your feet up, or something rejuvenating to enjoy after hours of movement, here’s a delicious nutrient-packed smoothie to make any dad smile this Sunday. Did we mention we doubled the recipe so that there’s enough for you to enjoy, too? You’re welcome.
- 1 can Bolivia Black Cherry
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 frozen bananas
- 4-6 cherries
- 2 tbsp flax seed (ground or whole)
- ¼ cup raw almonds
- Optional: add your favorite sweetener to taste. We love stevia, dates, or honey.
If your smoothie is too thick, add milk (dairy or non-dairy) in small increments until desired consistency. Don’t waste the whole morning angrily shaking the blender.
Southwestern Turkey Burgers
We don’t mean to spread rumors, but we’ve heard the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. So show dad some love and get behind the grill yourself! You don’t have to be a professional (or have a father’s magic burger touch) to make a delicious dinner.
Serves 4-6, depending on burger size
- 20 oz ground turkey
- ¼ cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup whole grain bread crumbs
- ½ whole egg
- Zest of ½ lime
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp chili powder (adjust for preferred spice)
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Optional: mix in some diced jalapeños if you like ‘em hot
Form into desired patty size and grill or broil until done (about 5 minutes on each side).
Some topping suggestions:
- Pepperjack or cheddar cheese
- Your favorite salsa
- Anything your heart desires
Goes perfectly with a Tanzania Lemonade Tea, soft rock, and a nice breeze