We have good news. Today, July 24th, is National Tequila Day. And what better way is there to ring in your weekend with a celebratory marg? You might have noticed that this mid-summer heat is starting to eat at both your energy levels and your drive to keep days interesting. But don’t let the humidity win! ‘Cause studies show that being bored is actually bad for your health. So to keep things spicy, we’ve come up with a couple recipes that not only include the liquor of the hour, but also have their own attitude. Ever had a jalapeño margarita? Well even if you had, it probably wasn’t like this; not only is this recipe pretty tasty, it’s pretty low-cal, too. Added bonus: we came up with a second recipe for you to make for round 2 tonight. TGIF.
- 1 can Bai Bubbles Peru Pineapple
- 1 Jalapeño, sliced, 8 rounds reserved
- 6 ounces silver Tequila
- 4 tbsp. fresh Lime Juice
- 2 ounces Orange Liquor
- Lime slices for garnish
- Fresh Pineapple for garnish
1. Combine Peru Pineapple and jalapeño slices. Allow flavors to marry in the fridge for desired amount of time (ideally at least overnight).
2. Once ready to serve, drain the jalapeño slices.
3. Put ice in each glass. Combine flavor-spiked Peru Pineapple, lime juice, tequila and orange liquor and divide evenly among the glasses.
4. Drop a slice of pineapple and a couple slices of jalapeño into each.
5. Garnish the rims with salt and a slice of pineapple or lime if desired.
Must be 21+. Please Drink Responsibly.