If you’ve been on Pinterest or Instagram lately you might have spotted some of these beautiful smoothie bowls piled high with fruit, nuts and other healthy toppings. These bowls make the perfect nutritious breakfast and are down right delicious.
But have no fear, if you’ve never heard of açaí you’re not alone. The açaí berry comes from the açaí palm, native to the Amazon. This powerful little berry contains antioxidants, amino acids and omega fatty acids. It’s typically consumed in the form of juice or puree.
Blended with frozen fruits, açaí bowls can be a healthy alternative to ice cream or frozen yogurt.
Today, we teamed up with our friends at Oat My Goodness Granola to create a custom açaí bowl for you. It’s packed with flavorful fruits and nutritional powerhouses like spinach and açaí. You can make it as thick or thin as you like by adding more or less Bai & almond milk.
Sunshine Berry Açaí Bowl
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1 Frozen Açaí Puree Pack
- 1/2 Cup of Mixed Berries
- 1/2 Cup of Frozen Raspberries
- 1 Handful of Spinach
- 1 Scoop of Protein Powder (Opitonal)
- 1/4 Cup of Brasilia Blueberry Bai
- 1/4 Cup of Almond Milk
- Place fruit, spinach, protein powder, Brasilia Blueberry Bai & almond milk in high powered blender and blend until thick and smooth
- Pour smoothie into a bowl
- Top with Oat My Goodness Sunshine Granola & your favorite fruits (we used blackberries and raspberries)