By Mia Syn, MS, RD
With only one week left for finding the perfect gift for everyone on our list, many of us may be scrambling for thoughtful, last minute ideas that won’t break the bank. These eight gifts have been carefully curated and are meant to enhance your nutrition, lifestyle and overall health and wellness. Nothing says happy holidays like giving a functional gift to someone you love.
1. Veggie Bullet: This will be a staple for the healthy foodie in your life and makes it easy to add more veggies into your diet seamlessly. Whether you need them chopped up for a casserole or spiralized for the base of a pasta dish, this kitchen gadget can do it all. It has three automatic settings – shred, slice and spiralize which allows you to prepare your veggies with ease and in minutes.
2. OSEA Skincare: Skincare products with a nutritive component! OSEA is a line of plant-based beauty products made in Malibu, California. Their products are inspired by elements of the ocean and are made with organic seaweed infused with essential oils to create natural anti-aging solutions. All their products are completely vegan and biodegradable. They are also free from synthetic ingredients and parabens. They offer a great variety including algae masks and a refreshing sea minerals mist.
3. Naturebox: It’s likely that the healthy food lover in your life is a fan of snacks. Subscribe your bestie to a year of healthy snacks delivered straight to their door every month. Naturebox offers over one hundred snacks that will satisfy your cravings and accommodate your dietary needs or limitations. Coming home to a delicious and healthy snack box after a long day of work would make anyone’s day.
4. REWINED Candles: A bottle of wine is the ultimate hostess gift but why not take a spin on that and give a candle with scents that mimic their favorite libation. REWINED is based in Charleston, South Carolina. They handcraft their candle vessels from repurposed wine bottles and blend their 100% natural soy wax with fragrances that mimic the tasting notes found in different wines from their light, floral rosé to their rich, smoky cabernet.
5. Planetbox Lunch Box: Packing lunch has never been easier or more fun! Planetbox makes stainless steel lunch boxes with portion-controlled compartments, which gives you creative packing freedom and can serve as a reminder to pack your veggies, sandwich and dark chocolate for dessert. Their boxes are BPA free, eco-friendly and dishwasher safe. They are great for kids and adults alike!
6. Saje Natural Wellness Aromabreeze Ultrasonic Diffuser: Create a soothing and calm space by infusing the air with the scents of 100% natural essential oils. My personal favorite is the citrus dream blend made with grapefruit, lemon and neroli. This diffuser uses ultrasonic technology combined with water and a diffuser blend to disperse essential oil molecules into the air to create a space that will uplift you in the morning and help you unwind in the evening.
7. SOMA Glass Water Bottle: Give the gift of fashionable hydration. Did you know that over 50% of our body is water? Water is needed for digestion, metabolism and detoxification. Aim for 2-3 liters per day and SOMA will keep you and your friends on track. Their glass water bottles are made from high quality, shatter-resistant glass with an easy grip protective silicone sleeve. It’s lightweight, durable, BPA free and totally chic.
8. Sugarfina: The ultimate candy store – for grown-ups. Their gourmet candies are infused with our favorite libations and come in small clear boxes with beautiful pastel packaging making it the perfect last minute stocking stuffer. My personal favorites and some of their best sellers are the pastel pink champagne gummy bears infused with Dom Pérignon Vintage Champagne and of course their rosé all day gummy bears infused with Whispering Angel Rosé.