The temperatures outside might be cooling down a bit as September is coming to a close (wow are we really typing those words already?!) but our smoothie game is still going strong and we’re not about to slow it down.
We’ve touted the many benefits of smoothies in a recent post on energy drink alternatives, because we’re firm believers that smoothies are a great way to pack a nutritionally dense meal right at the beginning of your day. The best part is you can change it as often as you’d like depending on your mood.
Choco-holic? Add some cocoa powder? Nutty for nut butter? Add a scoop of almond butter or lighten things up with a powdered Peanut Butter. Looking to stay full all morning? A mix of healthy fat (like an avocado) plus protein found in powder form, egg whites, or greek yogurt can do the trick.
This morning we’re feeling fiercely fruity so we called in the superfruit powers of Sumatra Dragonfruit plus a couple of our favorite berries.
This smoothie is the perfect combo of sweet and tart. We won’t lie, we also love it because it looks freakin’ awesome. Who doesn’t feel giddy after drinking something this pretty?
This AM concoction is made for the days where you need that extra boost of energy, and maybe you’re looking to match your smoothie with your new kicks… we’re not here to judge.
- 6-8 oz of Sumatra Dragonfruit Bai
- 1/2 Cup of Frozen Raspberries
- 1/2 Cup of Frozen Strawberries
- Add Protein: 1/2 cup of Plain or Vanilla 2% Greek Yogurt
- Add Healthy Fat: 1/2 an Avocado
- Add Veggies: Handful of Spinach, Kale or 1/4 of a Zuchinni (strange but good!)
- Add all ingredients to your blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve in your favorite glass.
- Optional: Garnish with a mint leaf (because #PinterestToldUstoDoit) or serve with some granola (we’re obsessed with Purely Elizabeth Original)
What’s your favorite fruit or veggie to add to a smoothie?